Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my reworked cam and rockers back from Delta Cam yesterday. I'll start rebuilding my engine in the next week or so after painting. I noticed on my receipt that Delta Cam is recommending ZDDPlus as an oil additive to help prolong engine life and wear of the rockers and cam. Any thoughts or insight from the experienced builders out there? It makes sense from what I have read about the loss of zinc in oil in newer oils for older engines but I was surprised when a search of the forum didn't pull any results on the product.

ZDDPlus engine oil additive

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
Too lazy to search ( and i'm at work, lol) but I know it has been talked about many times on this forum.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I use a ZDDP additive in my oil on my 450 in part because I'm running aftermarket cams, and I also use Brad Penn oil that has both zinc and phosphate in it as well. I don't add much to try to avoid any clutch issues, but I've put over 1000 miles on my engine and other than issues I had with oil flow that was the result of me not reassembling the oil filter bypass valve correctly in the beginning, all has been fine since

1 - 3 of 3 Posts