Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been meaning to get a replacement battery for my CB360. The old one from my PO (Walmart brand) has been on its last legs. I would have to charge it up if I did not ride it in 2 days. I went on Old Bike Barn and browsed through batteries that would have a fitment for a CB360. I found the YTX5L-BS which is maintenance free. So I thought SWEET! and hit the buy button.

Fast forward 3 weeks and it arrives at my door. I open the package up and it is roughly 3/4 the size of the previous battery and I have to fix up some method of making a "nest" for it to sit securely in the original battery box. Anyone else have this problem? I want to see what cool ideas you came up with!

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Rubber 'buttons' below, and rubber pads used as shims on the sides. Available from Lowe's. Not very classy, but very functional, particularly when not visible as on a stock bike (not a 'visible' cafe bike). And cheap! :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking of making a cushion for the battery from a piece of "puzzle piece" garage mat I have lying around. Like you said, not classy, but it is a cafe racer so who cares :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts