Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I am sorry to ask another VIN/Year question. I honestly tried to find the answer on the forum and elsewhere. I have a Honda CB160 that I am considering selling. It is titled a 1965. The VIN on the headstock is B1601048338. Does anyone know if it could/would be considered a 1965? My concern is if I put it up for sale will I get comments that it is not a 1965. If it's possible to pin it down to another year I could possibly work with the BMV and get the title year changed if it would beneficial. Thanks in advance! Kevin

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
I'm not in a position to scan the page right now, but the Honda ID Guide shows just one series for the CB160, released in July of '64 and titled '65 through '69 with the same VIN starting with CB160-1000001 - so if yours is titled a '65, I can't see anyone claiming it wasn't as it could, with that frame number, be as late as a '69

·
Registered
805 Posts
Check the wiring harness (under the tank around the coil area), it should have a tag with the date printed on it. I've only seen 1965 on them, there's really no way to tell if they just labelled/made all the wiring harnesses in 1965. The vin has no date code either so unless you've got cb175 parts on it, it's quite unlikely anyone will be able to prove/claim it is any year other than the title states

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
They were titled according to the date when they were sold. Back then Honda didn't produce a different product each year, instead they made running changes and updates as the machines were produced. 160s were sold through 1969(they still had some in the warehouses) even though they had been replaced by the CB/CL175 a year earlier.

·
Registered
208 Posts
For what it's worth, my '65 160's last 4 VIN digits are 3230. It's probably the only one that has a "C" ahead of the "B" as at the beginning of all other 160 VINs. Long story...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to all for the help. I'll just list it as '65 since that is what the titles says. If someone claim otherwise I'll let them prove it. THANKS!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts