Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
76 CB200

Ive noticed an oil leak out of a certain line running directly underneath the engine. Due to my work schedule and lack of a garage and a light source, and no luck with a parts fiche, Ive been unable to figure out the routing of the line in question. The line seems to originate from near the starter motor, runs beneath the engine near the oil drain bolt and back towards and upwards where the crank case vent line routes to. The outer plastic/rubber cover of the oil line in question is shaved off for some reason near the drain bolt, and seeps a few bits of oil out from there after each ride and all over the bottom of the case, center stand and right shoe. Im assuming the leak is originating from near the front top of the engine but like I said, Im unable to figure out where it originates from.

I thought it was originally a crank shaft seal oil leak but this doesnt seem to be the case anymore. Ive narrowed it down to the above. Any thoughts? Will try to attach photos tomorrow when time and light permits. Thanks all.

·
Registered
635 Posts
That's your starter motor cable. Not an oil line.

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts