Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I finally decided to make today the day I officially start the resurrection of my 74 360.

Here she is the day I brought her home:

and here she is right now:

Many more to follow. I need to order those damn coils already, and some rubber bits as well. I played around with this all day, I am really looking forward to getting her back on the road. Now if I could just get my KLR out of the way. :roll:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, she runs, but I think the right side doesn't fire, thus the need for new coils. Just replacing electrical crap and control cables. Not digging into the engine unless I have to. The oil drain plug is going to be a challenge, feels like it is welded on. :x

Since I am a cheap bastard, I am just spray painting with Glossy Rustoleum on the parts that need it:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hooray! I think this site needs more 360 love ;) That thing looked pretty mint in the first picture.

I had some trouble with the right side on mine as well, a carb balance cleared it up but I got the new coils anyway.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anybody know the size of the screws/bolts that hold the rear turn signals on?? Are the M8??

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
SteelB12 said:
Anybody know the size of the screws/bolts that hold the rear turn signals on?? Are the M8??
6X25 oval screw :cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
leethal said:
SteelB12 said:
6X25 oval screw :cool:

Damn, got the wrong size. :roll:

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
I dunno why they call it that either, but thats the fiche name....its more of a 'button' phillips head screw... :roll:

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
It has a tapered head (like a "flathead" wood screw that has an "oval" rounded top).... A "buttonhead" is essentially a shallow "stove" bolt head, and of course there's the socket head and hex heads..... OVAL is just a discriptor specifying that particular style headshape....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HELP!

Can anyone give me a suggestion how to remove the ginormous snap ring that holds the rear sprocket on??? Just can't get a hold of it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never mind. Used a ton of WD40 and two needle nose and finally wedged it off.

Thanks anyway

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, anyone know the name (number??) for the bulbs that go into the instrument panel?? I would like to replace them with LEDs.

ALSO, can anyone give me some pointers on how to remove the front axle?? I do NOT have a vise as the manual calls for.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wrong parts?

Hey did I get the wrong parts?? I wanted to replace some electrical items, but these are not like the originals.
XS650 coil

The next two I got from CRC2 by ordering whatever fit my 360

See how the connections are different on this below one?

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
The wire colors are different on the solenoid because SOME 360 models used a " lights off when starting " system..... Just plug the two wires into the connectors they fit (harness yellow/red to new solenoid green/red, and new solenoid yellow/red to black) and it will work correctly (even though they'll appear to be backwards) ......

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
The XS coils from MikesXS do take some modifications to fit but it should be pretty straight forward. You'll have to make an adapter bracket to bolt those coils to, that mounts to your stock coil mount. There have been lots of guys here that have done the mod. You should be able to tackle it as well.

Can someone point him to a nicely documented coil thread, with pics possibly??

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
66Sprint said:
The wire colors are different on the solenoid because SOME 360 models used a " lights off when starting " system..... Just plug the two wires into the connectors they fit (harness yellow/red to new solenoid green/red, and new solenoid yellow/red to black) and it will work correctly (even though they'll appear to be backwards) ......
OK, I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

Any ideas about the rectifier thingie??

·
Sensei
27,163 Posts
It should plug right in......You CAN change the mount bolt to suit, but be sure the ground connection (green wire to the brass loop) is secure and making good ground contact with the new bolt and rectifier housing.........

1 - 20 of 28 Posts