Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the VIN it is a 1972-73, and that is odd that K5's were both years, I think, 5,000,001 to 6,000,010? This one is E#- CL450E 5013664 and F# CL450 5013630, #'s pretty close together I think. Seems I read in a discussion that they were almost never the same and not usually close to the same. I am still struggling to post pic's so I'll just describe it for now. It is basically a chopped off tail frame, a motor with no plugs,exhaust or carbs. It has a front end that looks like it has air assist forks as in what looks like an air line running from one fork tube cap to the other. Drum front brake and it rolls on flat tires. It has been sitting outside under a barn awning for who knows how long. I figure it must have some good engine parts and I'll use what I can and also use it as a teaching tool. I will work on the pic's.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Good for you. I don't think any of the CL450s ever had air caps on the forks, so someone probably added that. the 6000000 VIN is from the K6, the last year they were made and probably titled '73. My K5 was titled '73 but it's really a '72

·
Registered
215 Posts
Glad to hear you found a parts bike. I'm continually learning the benefits of having a parts bike (and parts truck, which I have for my diesel rabbit pickup). Those little pieces (esp. engine parts) really add up and if you can get a good price on a relatively complete bike you're going to end up saving a bunch of money AND time. Also, I like to first practice a disassembly on my parts vehicle if I can, then I have a second chance on my main steed if I mess it up! :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
IMG_20190413_083614167
The fork caps if this works I think I may be on to something, darn it it's not a clickable link. This should not be so hard to do.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I finally got the pictures to post and I put them on pictures and videos thumbnail (3).jpg but dad here is the air assist forks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts