Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about 4 years into this restoration:

https://www.hondatwins.net/forums/1-project-logs/29707-sigh.html

taking my time...

But I'm at this point:

IMG_1248.jpg

And I'm ready to put the engine back in on my way to a total mock up. I rebuilt the wheels with new rims but haven't had them trued or centered. Is it ok for them to support the weight of the bike without tires as I continue to add parts? Since the build is going so slowly, and not likely to pick up pace, I'm hesitant to buy the tires that I'll eventually use because it could be years before I'm ready to ride it and I don't want those tires sitting around for that long. My other option is to try to source some really cheap, maybe even used, mock up tires.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I'd find some crappy rims with tires that hold air.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I would not take any chance of damaging those nice rims. They are really nice, great job! Get crapy ones with tires to get a good idea of your build.

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts
Plus one on a set of old crappy rims and tires.
That said you're going to need to slow down on the build rate if you expect to beat HerrDeacon's time. Perry has been at his for 8, maybe 9 years now.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I've had my CB750K3 since 2001, its been apart since 2005 but what criteria makes an ongoing project count? I bought some parts for it in 2016.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts