Honda Twins banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I now have recently acquired a CL 450K5 in storage for 30 years with 890 miles P.O. was an old aircraft mechanic who drained and sealed the tank and carbs and pickled the engine (the only thing he didn't do before storage is put the bike in a plastic vacuum seal freezer bag).
And since I also recently acquired a Kaw W650
And since my wife is about to kill me!
I must sell the 1976 RD 400, which is in original running condition but not restored but fair condition. New throttle cables, Good functioning disk brakes front and rear, new clutch cable.
Clear title, Odometer says 8k.
RD stands for racing development a bike ahead of its time.
I will sell it cheap! All reasonable offers considered
[attachment=0:ew23bmnl]DSC01123.JPG[/attachment:ew23bmnl]
The Bike is in Montana.
Thanks Dan
Email [email protected]
406-262-3532

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Hello Dan. Thanks for posting your ad here and welcome aboard! :D

Please have a look at the for sale rules and update/edit your ad accordingly..

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2938

P.S. Howsabout showing us guys some pictures of that mint 450??? ;)

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Go for it GB! You're a '76 model right.....I'm a '77 like my RD400D..... :cool: mines red...so it goes faster...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I'd love to have an RD! Unfortunately it's just too long of a drive for me. I took a drive in my new truck tonight up to Champaign Illinois and burnt just shy of a full tank of fuel, round trip. It's about an hour away. (74.3 mi) I'd hate to see my fuel bill going to Montana!! :shock:

Damn those 4:10 gears!! :twisted:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GB: Thanks for the info on ad requirements .
I will get some pictures of the CL posted soon .
I checked the swing arm free play as suggested in the sticky topic and it is tight as I would expect.
I think that the K5 has metalic bushings and not the nylon type used in the K6 K7 versions.
Currently I am going through all the systems starting with the front brakes and going aft
I found that the front brake return was sticky so I disassembled the front hub and cleaned the pivot shaft bushings with carb cleaner and removed the 38 year old petrified factory grease. The return is now snappy!
The original front brake shoes showed no appriciable wear when I compared them to some NOS shoes that I have.
The bike has a Bates top box and Bates hard saddle bags which were installed somtime in the 70s. The Bates hard luggage has a very cool retro look in my opinion.
Thanks again for the help :ugeek:
Dan in Havre Montana where it is usually -30 degrees F.
North Central Montana on the Highline where Jesse James and his gang had a hideout from the law in the 1800s. :x
More Later :D

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
What's the mileage??

I still can't come get it but it's important information for anyone interested..

Regardless, she's a NICE LOOKING survivor.. :cool:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I loves me that RD... good thing it`s so far away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The odometer says 8k , probably accurate but I don't have the complete history of the bike from the 70s 80s and 90s
Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts