Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen where this is a choice for "rebuild" of the spark timing advance. Has anyone successfully rebuilt the mechanism with the XS650 kit? I'm asking because on my CB450, one spring is loose. One is tight. Both E Clips are snapped. I'm open to other suggestions.
Product Font Parallel Rectangle Circle

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I have corrected loose springs with a little careful bending of the hook ends on saveral occasions. Requires a little judgement to get the springs to where they hold the weights against the buffers but not a lot more than that. You should feel, when you turn the cam, that there is no looseness before the weights move.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have corrected loose springs with a little careful bending of the hook ends on saveral occasions. Requires a little judgement to get the springs to where they hold the weights against the buffers but not a lot more than that. You should feel, when you turn the cam, that there is no looseness before the weights move.
What about the E Clip replacements? I bought an assortment from Harbor Freight, but none fit correctly. It was a gamble.

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I have never replaced these but have reshaped them a little to make sure they do not come off. They are quite soft.
Now I think back I did make some years ago when the originals had gone missing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts