Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I was riding a week ago and after a short photo stop, my SL would not engage the kickstart. The kickstart idler gear was missing two teeth.

4 years ago I opened my spare engine and sold my idler gear to Teejsauce for the cost of postage. Sure enough, that was the one and only part I need now.:-(

I have spent the week chasing the ebay and Google and Facebook and all other avenues. Repeat each day. Does anyone have a spare?

TIA

Mike

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question: What would it take to take to manufacturer these? And how much money to run a 100 lot?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mike, if you are still looking I just bought one on ebay last week, I believe I put the part number in and it popped up, think he had one or two left. The seller was Henrys Motorcycles and it was $38. Just checked there are six listings currently.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never found any on eBay nor anywhere else. I'm OK for now but worried that if I chip the one I have, it's the end of my SL350 days.

Not going to ride a bike that has to be bump started every time.

28221-340-000

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Second does not look legit. Cycle Monger? Never heard of it either.

I've been shopping eBay, CMSNL, BikeBandit. Have not tried Western Hills Honda yet. Thinking long term. Is this the end of the parts line for my bike? It been getting worse but something always popped up on eBay. Nothing lately. Odd though, my gear in both SL350-k1s have 8 holes in them. Images on other threads here show a solid gear. Might be one of those "replaced by" parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts