Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Frickety frack! My `69 CL350 started to fall over and I caught it but the mirror hit the edge of a workbench and broke the aluminum housing where it screws in.

Anyone have just the bottom half they would like to sell?

IMG_1077.jpg

·
Sensei
27,173 Posts
IIRC, That's going to be a difficult part to get......Notice that the extension that holds the cable adjuster was "beefed-up" in preparation for its subsequent drilling for the front brake-light switch, but was not drilled.....This is specific to ONLY one year's models....(the ones with the then newly required brake-light switch built into the cable)...
While the bottom halves for the later models (with the switch-hole drilled) will fit and work, (and are more common and easier to locate), most of those were anodized black.....CB/CL 175's, CL 350, CL360 (I believe) and several years of CL 450 bottom halves can be used, but are likely to be drilled for the switch....Obviously, any disc braked CB versions wont have the cable extension at all, so can be eliminated from the hunt......

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for all of the great info! i will expand my search. I'm OK with a hole for the brake light switch and can probably strip the anodized black off with a little oven cleaner.

Wish my reflexes were a half second faster!! I might have caught it in time...

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Thanks for all of the great info! i will expand my search. I'm OK with a hole for the brake light switch and can probably strip the anodized black off with a little oven cleaner.

Wish my reflexes were a half second faster!! I might have caught it in time...
I believe I have this part brand new in package, though I think its aftermarket? TOKO brand, aluminum color. Does have hole for brake light though. Email me at devilchkn at yahoo.com if interested.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer! I may have found a good used one for a reasonable price. It hasn't arrived yet but I think I'll be on the road soon.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I also have one from a CL450 K5 that I would have donated but mine has this funky hole cut in it. No telling what for but it could probably be corrected.

thumbnail (27).jpg

That said I would much rather have the new aftermarket even though both would be free + shipping. Devilclown thanks again for the mirrors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts