1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
What bike?

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you have a soldering iron, you can dismantle the switch and repair the old one. There will be two wires attached to a semicircular tuffnol plate with the contacts, a circlip, a small ball bearing, and a ping****et spring. ( that's the noise it makes when you drop it.) clean up the contacts; resolder the wires; and reassemble in the reverse order to dismantling. Just like a bought one!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I opened up my kill switch today. The metal bit that is supposed to bright the two terminals under the switch is work flat and doesn't seem to touch the terminals. Looks like I will need to buy a whole new one.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Hi Ancientdad, I spelled the word correctly... but it got edited. The word Ping****et starts with a P and ends with an ET, after the P comes an ING , and then there's an F, a U, a C, and a K. That's the noise it makes! Onomatopoeia at its best.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have a NOS one, Honda part number is 35300-317-670. Fits a 1970 K2, 1971 K3, 1972 K4 for sure, don't know about other years. If interested, send me a pm. Thanks

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Hi Ancientdad, I spelled the word correctly... but it got edited. The word Ping****et starts with a P and ends with an ET, after the P comes an ING , and then there's an F, a U, a C, and a K. That's the noise it makes! Onomatopoeia at its best.
Well, considering the cumulative content of the 4 missing letters, I can see how it might get edited... I can't say it's ever sounded like that to me, but everyone's ears hear things differently! :lol: as for the correctness - I've never looked that one up to confirm :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts