Honda Twins banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I need a decent condition used taillight assembly (bracket not required) for one of the above, even a CT/SL70 would do since voltage doesn't matter. I'm currently using a Thailand or Indonesia repro that is made very cheaply (can't stand up to the vibes of the 450 and being at the end of the fender) and once again lost the lens, this time due to the screws coming loose because the tabs for the lens screws are made of such soft metal that they bend as the screws tighten and so they keep coming loose. This time the lens broke around the one screw after the other came loose and fell out, and is gone forever. Any of these part numbers would work and hopefully the unit offered isn't too rusty. Thanks in advance for your help

33701-312-670
33701-313-671
33701-074-670

·
Premium Member
24,208 Posts

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, I appreciate you finding that but did you notice - the wires are red and black and you know the Honda taillight wires would have been green/yellow, brown and green. It's not OEM, it's aftermarket, that's the same color wires as mine came with and they're getting a whole lot more money than I paid. I already emailed Chaz at DSS in the UK to ask him to try to locate one for me and he struck out as well. I'll use searchtempest to look on CL, thanks

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
I've got an early CB750 tail light somewhere, is that similar?

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, unfortunately it's bigger, kinda like the CB450 taillight assembly of the period - I'm trying to avoid anything heavier on the end of that fender and the SL100/175/350K1 are about the smallest Honda taillights they made - but thanks for the thought. While I know the bike is obviously not stock, I'm trying to keep some parts of it OEM for the look

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, hopefully this used OEM unit will hold up to the vibes better than the repro... and I have a couple ideas I'm going to apply to this go-round to give it some help too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts