Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've taken your project in a new direction and have a set of knock-off Emgo mufflers that you don't need anymore, I'm interested.

Something like the reverse megaphone dunstall style ones or whatever. I'm just looking to replace the blown out mufflers on my CB350 with something that looks somewhat correct and obviously provides the backpressure and minor sound deadening.

Feel free to send me photos of whatever you've got as well as your price. I'm located in the middle of Iowa.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
The Emgo Dunstalls are pretty loud.
Their RoadHawk model is more quiet, by quite a bit........to illustrate, my CB200 with the Dunstalls is louder than my CB450 with RoadHawks.....

Both are available for about $50 per side, which isn't bad.....

·
Registered
703 Posts

These were 50 bucks per side from ebay.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which ones are those?

I like the way they kick up like a Norton.

Last night when I was buying an engine from a guy he had some nearly new dunstall style ones and they were almost a straight shot through. He wanted 250.00 for the pair, which is about 1.5x retail I presume?

I have a pair of new Sportster mufflers that look like they'd fit if I found exhaust clamps and reducers for them. I might try to make them work for now.

·
Premium Member
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome. That JC Whitney page is exactly the one I was looking for.

I searched their website earlier today and found no matches on anything I tried (motorcycle muffler, etc..)

I KNEW they sold them because I had this same issue 15 years ago when I had my Suzuki GS400.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Yeah, the upswept type will work with a 350, but not with a 450 (DOHC) - the 450 pipes are too large in diameter.
I think those upsweeps max out at 1.5"....

·
Registered
101 Posts
I got the 16"L x 2" taper ones. They fit great on the CB500t headers. I'll Snap some pictures and post 'em.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts