Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says, I need a switch.
Yesterday when I was replacing the left side engine gasket and shifter seal on my 350 engine, I found there is no neutral safety switch in place, it is unscrewed and missing.
They are NLA as far as I know but, I want one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Send me a diagram of the part and I'll see if my 69 parts bike has one.

Pawhuska Dave

·
Registered
608 Posts
part number appears to be the same K0 and up

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Shoot me an email with your address. I'll send you what I have. No cost. It will either work or not, but won't cost you anything. I have to pull the clutch cable anyway because mine broke while test riding.

Attachments

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tbpmusic said:
Part # 35753-286-003

Available at Ohio Cycle, $12 - http://www.ohiocycle.com/catalog2.html

They also have the lock washer things for your rear sprocket.....94108-15000
Really, they have the lock washers too? Far out.
I will go give them a look.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fasterspider said:
tbpmusic said:
Part # 35753-286-003

Available at Ohio Cycle, $12 - http://www.ohiocycle.com/catalog2.html

They also have the lock washer things for your rear sprocket.....94108-15000
Really, they have the lock washers too? Far out.
I will go give them a look.
Okay, I gave them a look and that is as far as that will go.
No credit cards or paypal, no business from me and I will go without the parts I want.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
Dude...A $.49 money order and a $.47 stamp would do it...less than a buck extra.....
If I needed/wanted parts from there, I'd go for it, and I'm always broke..... I don't "get" your reluctance....

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Well, it's probably not worth much, but I can vouch for Ohio Cycle.
I've bought stuff from them with no problems.
And they have a LOT of NLA stuff........

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
66Sprint said:
Dude...A $.49 money order and a $.47 stamp would do it...less than a buck extra.....
If I needed/wanted parts from there, I'd go for it, and I'm always broke..... I don't "get" your reluctance....
Been burnt once, just once.
I am covered with paypal or my credit card.
If you don't bend over, they can't stick it in you.

·
Sensei
27,164 Posts
WOW!.... Must have been a bad burn!.....Sad commentary on the times as well.....

To this day, I still don't lock my house or car doors, and I leave the keys in/on my parked vehicles (not in the ignitions, but where my friends know to find them if they need to borrow the ride)...... I find that most people are trustworthy if you are willing to express your trust in them, so I assume everyone is until proven otherwise.....

Bill's recommendation alone was good enough for me....... I'd hate for you to have to do without something safety related..... I can mail you a decent set of used "lock tabs" and you can accept the "freebie" used switch from Dave.....

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
66Sprint said:
Bill's recommendation alone was good enough for me....... I'd hate for you to have to do without something safety related..... I can mail you a decent set of used "lock tabs" and you can accept the "freebie" used switch from Dave.....
The tabs would be very cool and so would a freebie switch.
I will be happy to pay any shipping and buy you guys some beer too if you will have it.
I do not drink, so I have no use for the beer allocation funds.

My name, phone numbers & address

818-769-5394 house
818-259-8690 cel

Ray Fitzpatrick
4343 St Clair Ave
Studio City, Ca 91604

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PawhuskaDave said:
Ray...I'll get that switch pulled and out to you this week.
Thank you very much, I really appreciate it.
Somehow I made it possible for the wire to make ground and my neutral light came on when it should not. It has actually only come on once but, I was in 3rd gear when it came on.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Ray...I was home from work today because of the weather...I run a rock crusher at a quarry, and I can't crush mud....so I was able to get that switch pulled and out in the mail to you. Just let me know when you get it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PawhuskaDave said:
Ray...I was home from work today because of the weather...I run a rock crusher at a quarry, and I can't crush mud....so I was able to get that switch pulled and out in the mail to you. Just let me know when you get it.
I guess it is kind of difficult to crush mud.
I bet that was a pretty cool job in the beginning but, got monotonous pretty quick huh? I have only seen a rock crusher on the History Channel and Dirty Jobs. I know some people that could use a trip through the rock crusher.

Thank you very much for this switch, it is very cool of you and I will pay it forward somehow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Actually the job is pretty exciting at times....anything and everything can happen which results in having to shovel tons of rocks off belts. But in all honesty, I looked to be bored all day. Go into the shack in the morning, push my buttons to start everything up and hope I don't have to do anything for 10 hours until its time to shut everything down. It's the unpredictable Oklahoma weather which causes the most problems. Wind, rain, snow, hail....but the lightning is what scares me. I'm sitting on top off nothing but steel 40 feet in the air.

You are welcome for the switch.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
PawhuskaDave said:
Actually the job is pretty exciting at times....anything and everything can happen which results in having to shovel tons of rocks off belts. But in all honesty, I looked to be bored all day. Go into the shack in the morning, push my buttons to start everything up and hope I don't have to do anything for 10 hours until its time to shut everything down. It's the unpredictable Oklahoma weather which causes the most problems. Wind, rain, snow, hail....but the lightning is what scares me. I'm sitting on top off nothing but steel 40 feet in the air.

You are welcome for the switch.
40' up on a lightening rod, rock crushing rig in tornado alley does not seem very much fun to me but, more power to you. ;)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got the switch today and will put it on if it fits next week when I come back from the CBX rally I am going to this weekend. :cool:
Thank you very much.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay then, I found upon closer inspection that the rotor for the switch was missing but, the switch was still there.
It was worn out though and the probe was missing off of the copper bow.
I put on the switch & cam I got from Dave and had it all working with the countershaft sprocket cover off but, when I got all done putting the exhaust system back on and tried the shifter, the damned thing would not work again.
I did not feel like ripping the exhaust system off again so, I still don't have a neutral light. It did work for a few minutes though and was cool looking.
I also found that my countershaft seal is bad and leaking, that sucks.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts