Honda Twins banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for 2 mini speedos in working condition. Color doesn't matter. Can be rusty. Just prefer the small ones.
It'll be going on a speedo drive from a CM400, but i think all of these Hondas are the same ratio.

I'd prefer to trade, but I have paypal if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I don't have parts to trade but I've been looking at the minis on eBay lately and I have some observations to share.

The MPH models are out there but seem to be priced 10x more than the KMH models which start in the $8-9 neighborhood with free shipping.

Set advanced search to look only in eBay stores, buy it now only, free shipping only, items from anywhere, and set your starting price at $7, hit search and be amazed, I was.*
You'll find tachs and speedos cheaper than you can ship your stockers to a trade.

If you can live with KMH, you're golden. I just need a speedo to keep legal and I want a trip odometer to use as a gas gauge. For $8 I might crack one open to investigate swapping in a MPH face. I'd use a 140KPH speedo which converts to 87MPH, more than enough for the way I ride.

Good luck.*

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm also shocked at this. I've never really ridden with a speedo, but I'm using the speedo drive as a spacer, so I figured why not put a small one somewhere on the bike.

I don't have parts to trade but I've been looking at the minis on eBay lately and I have some observations to share.

The MPH models are out there but seem to be priced 10x more than the KMH models which start in the $8-9 neighborhood with free shipping.

Set advanced search to look only in eBay stores, buy it now only, free shipping only, items from anywhere, and set your starting price at $7, hit search and be amazed, I was.*
You'll find tachs and speedos cheaper than you can ship your stockers to a trade.

If you can live with KMH, you're golden. I just need a speedo to keep legal and I want a trip odometer to use as a gas gauge. For $8 I might crack one open to investigate swapping in a MPH face. I'd use a 140KPH speedo which converts to 87MPH, more than enough for the way I ride.

Good luck.*

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Exactly, it'd be perfectly legal to shorten the cable and mount a mini speedo on the lower fork leg, it has to be there by law (in MA) but do you have to see it from the seat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts