Honda Twins banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
****PART FOUND**** THANKS****I am in desperate need of a rear hub for an 81 CM400E.
For those that don't know, this is the version of the CM400 that came with drums and spokes front and rear.
All I need is the rear hub but I will take a whole wheel if you don't feel like cutting the spokes and sending just the hub.
I am not terribly concerned with the condition as long as it is at least usable with a little elbow grease

Pleas let me know what you have and what it might cost with shipping to Athens, Ohio 45701

I do have a some of the regular CM400 comstars (1 front and 2 rears) and other stock CM400 bits that I would be willing to trade if that interest anyone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is certainly good info to know but a quick ebay search for the extra bike types still yields zero results.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After much searching I managed to find the part I need randomly on some random site based out of florida

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well crap now it turns out that they can't find the rim in their stock so now I am back to square one.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
View attachment 230026 View attachment 230026 View attachment 230034 View attachment 230042

I didn't realize but it's a 1.85 x 18 The spokes are a little rusty, rim is pretty good but dirty, inside of the rim has some rusty spots and some large clean areas as well.
Sorry it's not a 16" but if you'd like the hub and brake panel without the spokes, hoop, shoes and sprocket... i can make that deal. Your axle and spacers should work but I'm not sure about the brake panel, anyone know?
Its an 18" rim, but I can separate the spokes and rim from the hub and can probably find the brake panel if needed. Or I could remove everything you don't want in order to keep shipping weight down.
If you need more pics let me know.
Alan

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its an 18" rim, but I can separate the spokes and rim from the hub and can probably find the brake panel if needed. Or I could remove everything you don't want in order to keep shipping weight down.
If you need more pics let me know.
Alan
Sorry. Maybe I missed something.
What bike is this from?
Also can you get a little clearer pics of the both sides of the hub?
Don't know if there is a part number on there somewhere but that would help.
Initially from your drum side pic it does not look like the hub I am looking for but it's tough to say because the pic is a little blurry.
Would it be possible to get a rough measurement of the inside of the drum?

I am at work now but once I get home (after 4:30) I can post a pic of what the hub I need looks like so we can compare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok not to be a creeper but I scrounged through your posts and found what bike it is from.

If it is indeed a 79 CB400T spoke rear wheel then yes I will take just the hub.
Get me a price shipped to 45701

·
Registered
3,180 Posts

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts