Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently discovered my CB450 shift drum is out of round or otherwise deformed . I had an issue getting on of those retaining pins out of a shift fork. The cap had broken off and for love nor money I could not get it out. I could not drill it out as it just spun. Tried all kinds of magnets. Short of it was I had to drill out the center shift fork to the point I could get a screwdriver up under it to lift it out. Somehow in this process I have ruined the drum as well as the forks will bind to the shaft when rotated. I'm hoping to find a drum that still has the bearing and pin plate on the end. I'd rather not have to bugger up another one trying to get that staked screw of or having to stake another screw. I found some on ebay but all have the bearing and pin plate removed. :( let me know how much shipped to 27517. I'll gladly pay via paypal, venmo, or your choice of payment solution. Thanks!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK scratch that. I got mine to work. Required using a dial gauge and caliper , some v blacks, and polishing compound and a polishing wheel to buff off the high spot. Works like a champ now. THanks everybody!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Great! I did not make it out to the storage building this weekend and was going to try for this evening, so I guess I can watch TV tonight.
TOOLS

1 - 5 of 5 Posts