Honda Twins banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cracked my top triple clamp on my CB450 K5 as I didn't know there needed to be a spacer on the pinch bolt. I do now of course. So am looking to replace same if anyone has one at a reasonable price and is willing to post to Perth Australia (at my cost of course)

·
Sensei
27,070 Posts
IF this is for a "cafe' " bike, and you can live without the rubber cushioned handlebar risers, the bridge (top triple) from ANY of the pre-1977 Honda SOHC 750's will fit and has the same tube size, spacing, and offset.....Meter mounts MAY have to be adapted, but otherwise, a perfect fit.....

IF you are restoring to original, of course only a "pinch-type" 450 bridge will work.....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Yes my 450 is a custom bike and I did consider the clamp from a 750 but much prefer the look of the original clamp with the removable cushioned clamps. Will see how I go sourcing an original. If not may be forced to go with the 750 clamp

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a spare top clamp with risers etc. will need a good cleanup but is in good shape

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi Mr McGoo,

If Joules doesn't want the triple tree, would you be prepared to ship to Australia?

cheers

Gazza

·
Registered
126 Posts
PM sent.

Gazza

1 - 9 of 9 Posts