Honda Twins banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has a source for

CVR, L. FR. *MRCR2* (CHROME PLATING) 51606-457-670XW
(Left headlight "ear" in chrome plating)

It would be greatly appreciated! The one I have is slightly crumpled and bent.

(Basically this except with an extra hole for the turn signal)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? COOL! PM me if you have some (pics too if possible) and specify how much you want for them. If they are in pretty good condition I might ask for a set rather than just the left one.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
krukster86 said:
Really? COOL! PM me if you have some (pics too if possible) and specify how much you want for them. If they are in pretty good condition I might ask for a set rather than just the left one.
I've got a couple that look like that let me shoot you some pictures.

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Here is a link to 3 pictures. In the upper right side you'll see a magnifying icon. If you click there you'll get a large picture with lots of detail.

$20 + shipping for both. They measure 6 1/4" from top to bottom. I was told these are off a CB500 and I bought them for my GL1000 but didn't use them although they would have fit.

http://picasaweb.google.com/6453635/CB500Tears#

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SWEET find Mike!

I will run over to the garage and take some measurements and see how big mine are. One question, the hole on the "fork" part, is that for the reflector or for the turn signal? I am wondering how I can mount turn signals on these.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok so I measured the height of my setup. The current headlight ears are like 7-1/2" tall. Would that be that much of a problem?

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok so I took some snappies of the current headlight ears I have now if that provides any clarity.

I also think that if these are available in black, I would be ok with those too!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I checked mine out Kruk. Unfortunately they're bent where the signals mount. They're identical to yours so you know they'll look like crap where they're bent.

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's ok GB, I appreciate you lookin' out for me :D

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
krukster86 said:
SWEET find Mike!

I will run over to the garage and take some measurements and see how big mine are. One question, the hole on the "fork" part, is that for the reflector or for the turn signal? I am wondering how I can mount turn signals on these.
The holes in the ears are for the turn signal mounts. I can't say how the length difference would affect things but I'd be inclined to say that IT WOULD be a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm ok. If anything I will just troll on ebay

·
Registered
363 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PM sent on the headlight ears!

·
Registered
363 Posts
They are 7 and 11/16 inch (measured with ruler, digital caliper is only 6 inches.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
UPDATE: Thanks to Greg I got the parts I need

1 - 17 of 17 Posts