Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current 69/70 restoration is almost complete but the seat foam is pretty bad....I have a new OEM seat cover and the seat pan is in decent shape.....just need a seat with good foam in it.
email me direct at [email protected] or PM here if you have anything. I'm trying to keep is a period correct as possible, so seats from 68-71 would be great.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Any seat that old will probably have deteriorated seat foam. Why not just get some firm foam from an upholstery shop and shape it yourself? Also, don't make the mistake I see all the time - making the seat too "thick". The older 350s had pretty thin seats on them.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I'm finding I may have to just have something made or deal with spending a ton on a good seat from Ebay....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
I'm in the same boat...I do see that Sirius Consolidated Inc has a replacement seat foam for early CB350s posted on Ebay for $119 w free shipping. You may be able to get it cheaper if you buy directly from them

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CB25...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Ebay # 292156641304

I restore seats for myself (kawis/suzuki's and hondas) and I've found the pink foam on old Honda seats very problematic, it just goes hard and disintegrates. Too far gone to save...

Anyone use the seat foam from Sirius?
Also does anyone know if the cb350 K1 seat (rear hinge) share the same foam with other years?

cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts