Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yea, I know it's a long shot. But if any one has one or know where to get one drop me a line.

Thanks ;)

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I want one too. I think we are on a long long long list with this forum of people wanting such a cool tank. :lol:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, scratch me from the waiting list. I just traded a vintage helmet for one :D

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Sweet !!! do you want to sell it? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Err, probly not :lol:

Did honda ever make a red bomber?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Yep. Few existed though from what I've learned over the years. If memory serves me correctly I believe the frame was red as well.. Are you sure it's original paint??

Our 450 aficionados might have something to add here.. :idea: :?:

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I wont know untill I get it if it is original paint.

Here it is...

·
Registered
659 Posts
I thought some red ones were sold in Europe. I think they may have been called something other than "Black Bomber"

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
The "factory" red ones were called "Red Dragons" or something like that.....Possibly Alaska got a Canada model red one.....

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Yep, as steve said they are around but not common, the colour in the Honda parts books refers to Scarlet or Red, the tank, chain cover, tool box, rear shock absorbers, headlight case, fork covers (both upper and lower), frame, and engine support brackets. Interestingly enough the side covers were either silver or black! depending the country ;)

The UK had a variation of their own, that i believe was repainted black bikes done in an effort to lift sales, but the UK crew will fill in that detail.

Another point is when were they first made available? My original Sep 1965 parts book only lists the black and silver variations, but the 1971 parts book lists the scarlet/red parts! so when did the first become available? no idea :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
66Sprint said:
Possibly Alaska got a Canada model red one.....
The guy I am getting it from is in Washington. So Canada had the red model?

Zero rust in there too, Wooh!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Drooool! That is very nice. Is that yours??

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Yes.
The LP cover shows a red bomber available for sale in Canada.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
[attachment=0:2xr81spz]P1010820.JPG[/attachment:2xr81spz]Sorry, this is it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Is there any history with that as white was used for the police bikes?

·
Premium Member
1,374 Posts
Ray Not seen that brochure before but think your's looks better with a red rear light bracket -was the brochure wrong
as I would have thought it would have been red? Regards Chris.

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Chris, the picture is on an LP sleeve. For the photoshoot the artist has borrowed a red bomber (red dragon) from a local motorcycle dealer in Canada in 1967. This proves the red bomber did actually exist as a machine and colour option. The picture therefore must be correct for Canada. As you know the UK had different rear light/number plate holders, normally black. As black would not have looked in place on a red bomber it is in my view logical it should be red on this machine.

Chris, now I have moved house I have a new EMail address. You can pick it up from this site. Can you EMail me with the address you want me to contact you on as I see you are using more then one address and I am not sure you are picking up my EMails.

Ray.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts