Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
for the engine side covers? all the fasteners are pretty standard metric sizes, you could probably fake it if you bought stainless and sanded and pollished them up nice with a buffing wheel and some emery/ rouge / tripoli, whatever..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, i mean the big button head screw/nuts that hold on the air cleaner side covers. the ones that go thru the 450 badges.also if anybody has some covers that have been chromed i'd be interested in them too. i'm trying to resurrect this old chopper:

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
Those button-head screws are NLA..... Someone on ebay was selling stainless reproductions, but they were quite expensive....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
66Sprint said:
Those button-head screws are NLA..... Someone on ebay was selling stainless reproductions, but they were quite expensive....
i'm hoping somebody here has some good used ones they'd sell. btw, i like your sprint. i had a '66 250 that i rode the wheels off in 1968 in high school

·
Sensei
27,182 Posts
You may find some "working', but usually not pretty.....
That Sprint in my avatar is a highly modified 66 250 C model... We must be about the same age...LOL.... :lol: Steve

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm 58. mine was pretty much stock but it had an aftermarket high pipe with a can muffler, grasshopper goodyears and a bates leather scrambler seat (the long one). it died from a spun rod bearing and i replaced it with a g80cs matchless.
i shot the matchless off a tank berm during a race in texas and made a cool little chopper out of what was left. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey LilBil, you interested in a fork support for your chopper, I sold my extend forks and they had a support on them that must have been there to keep the forks true. I can send you a picture if you are interested, it needs to be cleaned up, looks to have been chrome at one time but that is mostly peeled off now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stangnutz said:
Hey LilBil, you interested in a fork support for your chopper, I sold my extend forks and they had a support on them that must have been there to keep the forks true. I can send you a picture if you are interested, it needs to be cleaned up, looks to have been chrome at one time but that is mostly peeled off now.
sounds like a tweek bar. these forks aren't twisting any that i can tell so i don't think i'll be needing one. got any chrome engine goodies ? :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts