Honda Twins banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I'm a new member here and I am looking for a 1973 CB350G for a project bike. I know these bikes are hard to come by, but I figure I would put something here as part of my larger search. Basically, I am looking for a frame/swing arm/forks in good shape, a running engine, preferably with less than 10K miles, that will go through all gears, a tank in good shape, front and rear hubs, and a title. Everything else, I will build/buy. I have pretty solid mechanical and fabrication skills and I'm looking for a significant project including, if required, a full engine rebuild. I live in Massachusetts. I will pay to ship the right bike to me. Thank you and please let me know if you have something you think might fit this description.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
What are your plans for the bike if I may ask. Restoration, custom, other?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are your plans for the bike if I may ask. Restoration, custom, other?
Depends on what I find. Growing up i built and rode dirt bikes and street scramblers (they were hobbled together from parts that we found, built, or stole). But, I have always loved the look of the early 70s CBs (growing up could never have afforded one). So, I would like to do a slightly stripped down clean version (nothing drastic) of a 350 that still has and respects that 70s look while adding a few modern conveniences such as electronic ignition, regulator/rectifier, new shocks.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
What is it about the ‘73 350G that you want? Sentimental year? Is it the disc brake front end? Certain original paint? That’s really the main differences In ‘71 and up CB350’s (well there’s the rear grab bar and slightly different fork ears too). Otherwise if you are not stuck on that year it really opens up your possibilities and availability.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is sentimental. I remember seeing a shiny brand new 350G as a kid and staring at that front disc brake dreaming about the day I could afford something like that.

·
Premium Member
676 Posts
Gotcha that makes sense. I’ll send you a PM about one that I have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts