Honda Twins banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know hard to come by in good condition. I'm not worried about condition, it can be rough, dented, torn, rusted. Doesn't matter. Preferably w/o the chrome side panels. Working on a replica of the below bike and I believe they swapped out the orig. tank w/ the '68 cb450 larger capacity tank. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
To me it looks like they just removed the chrome panels and used body filler to fill in around the bracket to hold the panels.. You can still see the "body lines" for the panels..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I would think that the "period" Betor (or Ceriani) 33mm "dirt" forks and trees would be the difficult things to find...........

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be picking up the ceriani forks this weekend for dirt cheap. Getting them from an old dirt track racer. Their in great shape too. Now I just need the tank and some Koni rear shocks.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bird76Mojo said:
To me it looks like they just removed the chrome panels and used body filler to fill in around the bracket to hold the panels.. You can still see the "body lines" for the panels..

GB :mrgreen:
That's what it looks like they did to me. Not too many pictures around of this bike anymore. 1968 Baja 1000 winner.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, looks like I posted this in the wrong section. Should I re-post in the wanted section or can a moderator just move the thread? :oops:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you sir

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found one in Canada for $40. Now the project can continue. Maybe I'll be able to make the baja 1000 on it this year.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I like your signoff, but pray tell what is the baja?
Help out an old fart colonial here :lol:
What ever it is it sounds a great idea, and as Ronny says a project thread would be brilliant too.

·
Registered
7,061 Posts

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Looked at the map, that peninsular must be over 1000 miles long. Is that why its the baja1000?
And all off road too?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I haven't officially started the build thread yet but after I get a couple restorations out of the way I'll start this one. As soon as I start I'll post the thread here.

Yeah, the baja 1000 is a desert race down the baja peninsula. The overall winner in 1968 was the #6 Long Beach Honda cb350. Last year's baja 1000 was about 1100 miles. I plan on running the race with the bike then raffling it off at my race here in Oregon. It should be a fun experience that I can tell my kids about some day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts