Honda Twins banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think they may have come off a later model. my question/issue is i can't find anything to compare them by. the repair kit i ordered for the bike came and nother matched the carbs i have. so that means someone put some other carbs on this bike. i'm thinking probably from a newer model. i'm going to try and get some pictures up but my camera took a good fall to the concrete and is finiky now. but if anyone maybe has some pics of different years carb changes maybe that would help me order the right kit. i know its pretty vauge, but i'm stuck with carbs i can't identify and can't repair, i should probably just buy new carbs but of course that means more money.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
I think it depends on which manufacturers kit you use. The K&L kit only works for the first generation of CB carbs (I think... didn't work for mine, that's for sure). The Air mixture screw and other bits are the wrong size.
The Keyster kits should work http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail. ... uct_id=503
But the truth is, if you have all of your parts for your carb, you could just order a OEM packing kit. That's what I did when the K&L kit I bought wasn't going to cut it.
http://www.bikebandit.com/houseofmotorc ... k3/o/m9136
The gasket set, number 3 in the parts list
I hope this helps.
Also, I feel like may you have already posted about this problem before, so if none of this is new info, apologies.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Sorry, man
I completely misread this somehow...
But it does stand that you shouldn't gauge whether or not your carbs are correct based on the aftermarket rebuild kits... They're notorious for having stuff that doesn't fit, wrong size jets, etc.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Those look correct. Your rebuild kit was probably just bunk.
If they're complete, just order a packing kit (link in my first post), clean them and rebuild with the new Honda gaskets.
Super.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Make sure there are no holes in the rubber CV diaphragms.
If there is a hole, the diaphragm is useless as tits on a bull.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
old bik barn sears what they sent me is correct. but not a bamn thing fits. looks like i'm gonna have to do some more arguing.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Woody32 said:
Old Bike Barn swears what they sent me is correct but, not a damn thing fits. Looks like I'm gonna have to do some more arguing.
That's what happens when you deal with OBB, you get screwed.
It is as bad as Bike Bandit which is just that, a bandit.
No aftermarket supplier has the correct gaskets for a 350 Honda.
Even Sudco does not have the correct gaskets for a 350 Honda.

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
fasterspider said:
Woody32 said:
Old Bike Barn swears what they sent me is correct but, not a damn thing fits. Looks like I'm gonna have to do some more arguing.
That's what happens when you deal with OBB, you get screwed.
It is as bad as Bike Bandit which is just that, a bandit.
No aftermarket supplier has the correct gaskets for a 350 Honda.
Even Sudco does not have the correct gaskets for a 350 Honda.
Screw Bike Barn. Just order two packing sets from a Honda dealer.
It'll come with all the O rings for the jets, float valve, the gasket for the float bowl, rubber passage plug, etc. They're sets are $13 or so apiece.

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
Woody..... ALL the 350's after engine serial number 1065279 were supposedly equipped with the same carbs (3-D type) although a few got 722-A's...Either set should work on your engine....

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
66Sprint said:
Woody..... ALL the 350's after engine serial number 1065279 were supposedly equipped with the same carbs (3-D type) although a few got 722-A's...Either set should work on your engine....
Steve, do you know what exactly differentiates the 3-D from the 722-A? Were the 722-As just the last run for the K5/G, nominally different but otherwise the same?

·
Sensei
27,161 Posts
I'm not certain, so I'll refrain from a "I'm positive" answer..... I believe the "G" model got the 722-A's, but am unsure of any "real" differences in the carbs themselves... It could be something as simple as a different mixture screw set-up...Or a "leaner" baseline for the settings in general (EPA type crap).....????????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts