Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not rapping like .50 but that wrapping film/advertising stuff they do to cars. My neighbors owns a shop that does that stuff. I am going to try to pilfer some left over film and and maybe start off by wrapping my side covers or headlight bucket for fun to see how it looks. Not sure how it would work around gas on the tank but just thinking out loud and on line.

·
Registered
659 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
It's extremely difficult to wrap small compound curved objects, heck, it's hard enough to do simple flat surfaces. I bet even a professional that does it every day would refuse the job and tell you to piant instead. This is realistically a "much experience needed" thing, but since the material is free, have at it. I suspect that you'll find it a highly frustrating waste of time and the results poor.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I guess that answers my questions, Black Bomber, very nice, I got a great laugh out of that. Thanks, agreed this thread was stupid but it was just a thought.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sport bikes get full wraps ALL THE TIME.

Have you seen some of the detail works that goes into car bumpers? Nothing like that on a bike. Tank, easy. Side covers, easy. Fenders, easy.

As for how well you will do it on your own, that remains to be seen, but this kind of work is nothing out of the ordinary for people that wrap cars for a living.

99% of the flat black exotic cars and SUVs you see on the road are wrapped in vinyl. No reason it can't be doen on the tins of a bike.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm, thought this was dead but the flat black gives me some ideas. My neighbor would do it for me over beers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts