Honda Twins banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My recently acquired 305 Dream will need a battery, which is not easy to find. The size is very specific for these, and nobody makes them anymore.
Sometimes I see these NOS batteries on ebay, though:

What do you think? Will a dry lead acid battery still work if you fill it and charge it, after several decades? Is it worth a shot?

BTW, another member mentioned saving their old battery, stripping it, and installing a smaller modern battery inside the case. That seems like a cool idea too....

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I don't see how they can call that battery NOS (new old stock), that brand didn't even exist when that bike was new. "OEM style replacement" is a better term. maybe he's trying to justify charging over twice actual shipping cost for delivery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I don't see how they can call that battery NOS (new old stock), that brand didn't even exist when that bike was new. "OEM style replacement" is a better term. maybe he's trying to justify charging over twice actual shipping cost for delivery.
It is misleading:

New Old Stock excellent quality Wisco aftermarket

That's contradictory right there.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have used them and they are good for a year or two. As you probably know the Dream uses two different batteries depending on the year. They do not interchange. Tootie DeMarco over on the Honda 250 300 Dream facebook page sells a very nice battery and adapter setup to fit the early Dreams. Very well made. You may also find him on the Other Honda 250-300 sohc facebook pages. Good Luck

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have used them and they are good for a year or two. As you probably know the Dream uses two different batteries depending on the year. They do not interchange. Tootie DeMarco over on the Honda 250 300 Dream facebook page sells a very nice battery and adapter setup to fit the early Dreams. Very well made. You may also find him on the Other Honda 250-300 sohc facebook pages. Good Luck
Thank you! That's great news. I do belong to one of those groups and I found his posts about it, so I will definitely go through him. Looks like a clean solution and much better than taking a gamble on those "NOS" batteries!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts