Honda Twins banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to have a few things refinished but still want to be able to ride. All items I have are actually in pretty damn good shape but just need to be either rechromed or polished. What I am proposing is if you have some or all of the items that I need finished and are in the process of a rebuild or haven't yet started yours then you would ship them to the refinisher and as soon as they came to me finished I would bolt your (refinished) items on and ship you mine. I know it seems a little odd but it would be a great deal for me and you. The items would need to be free of any dents or dings as my items are in near perfect condition except for the finish. They can be rusty or yellowed but as long as they can be refinished it would be all good. I would cover the freight to Cali of course as well as getting my items back to you. The items needed are the lower fork tubes, front fender, and rear fender. The turn around time at the place is about a month plus shipping time. I would be looking to do it probably next month. Once again my parts are in great shape but since the rest of the bike has been completly redone they just need refinishing. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Why would anyone give you perfect freshly chromed items without you paying them to have it all done, plus shipping??

I just don't get it I guess...

GB :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
2,386 Posts
Bird76Mojo said:
Why would anyone give you perfect freshly chromed items without you paying them to have it all done, plus shipping??

I just don't get it I guess...
I think he's suggesting that someone send their part, rusty is ok but needs to be straight, to his chroming/polishing facility and when he gets the part back from them (he pays for the shipping) he will send you his part that is in excellent condition. In theory, you would get a part that is probably in better condition that what you sent to be refurbished.

There needs to be a lot of trust on the part of the person sending the part if this is going to work. If I was going to partake in this deal I'd probably want to get the part first and then I would send my part to the plater. Unfortunately this would probably defeat the purpose since it's my guess is that the bike is being used regularly and the reason for this deal in the first place is to eliminate any down time.

Nice out-of-the-box thinking but between unknown persons is fraught with potential problems.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
I suppose I understand it now.. I think if he posted up some VERY detailed pictures of what the person was going to recieve (close up shots) then it might work for someone.. Or if he found someone local instead.. I'd say it's a long shot at best..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There would definatly need to be trust. I would totally understand if someone wasn't ok with it. I'm not a scammer just will have to wait until winter to get it done if noone was willing. It is a longshot but worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts