Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a chance to get a 74 cb450 in great shape and in running order, but no title. Being sold as a parts bike. My 76 cb360T needs some things (front brake, master cylinder, etc.) I'm wondering if some parts would cross over... like the brake caliper, master cylinder. And other parts like the speedo, cables, carbs, wheels, wiring etc.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
The front brake (caliper and master) should swap..... Speedo can/will work, but not tach.
front wheels are different sizes (360=18"...450=19" ) but can be made to work.... Different axle diameters on rear wheels (can be overcome)....
Regulator, rectifier are exact swaps...
signals and switches can be used, but not always identical....
cables are different......

Pretty much depends on what you need and how expensive the 450 is.....You could probably get a couple hundred for the running engine IF it's to specs....

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guy is asking $500 for the 450. Something to consider, thank you for the info!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Isn't pillaging a CB450 that is "...in great shape and in running order..." a questionable practice???

Besides, from what '66 said, it does NOT sound like the CB450 would really be "good" cb360t parts bike.

Mike V.

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Yeah....I'd prefer NOT to see the 450 stripped out if possible........I have a titled 450 frame if that would make any difference......

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I passed on the deal.
I was just looking for alternatives to get some things I need for my 360T. For the price I'd pay for a new caliper and master cylinder, I thought (if these bikes were swappable) I'd come out ahead with a bit extra.
Thank you for the info and replies though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts