Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this weekend my Dad and I took apart the left hand controls on my CB200T to see about swapping it with one from ebay. I bought one suggested by a forum member online here, but it was not going to work without replacing my stock mirrors with a bar-end type and I didn't want to do that at this point. The issue with the original switch is simple, horn button and spring etc was removed by PO and replaced with a bit of wire and a gold doorbell taped and glued to the stock handlebar. UGLY, but worked. So we took the horn components out and had to shave the plastics until it fit in the original switch nicely, secured it with a strong glue, then we added the button and spring (had to open the button hole a tad with trill bit to allow it to move freely and not get stuck when depressed). Wired it in, put the dark green wire to the grounding screw in the original switch and a working horn! Looks great! Have to see about removing the glue that is about 30 years old on the handle bars now. But so much better. While tearing into the switch we figured out the headlight issue. It was only coming on after riding it for a while. The black ground wire was CUT and hanging from lamp, so if it bumped into a ground contact it worked. We repaired that and all works as it should. Also had to re-seat that high beam indicator light for the 2nd time. Going to see about a wind screen next. Fun little Honda. :D

·
Sensei
27,147 Posts
IF you had replaced the clutch lever perch as Mydlyf suggested, you COULD have obtained one with the mirror mount built in....
Would have solved ALL the problems.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if I had checked the post Mydlyf made that would have been beneificial huh? Ha. Well at least it worked out in the end. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts