Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Long time no see! Glad to hear I've been missed!

I was laid off from my ad agency job a couple of months ago and so I have been ramping up my freelance design work and opening a little letterpress printing shop here in Wichita. Needless to say, starting and running two businesses have been taking a LOT of my time.

Going to try and do a formal "photoshoot" of my 350 this weekend so you can have some more detailed pics of what I think are some of the cooler features. But in the mean time here is a teaser pic that is more "artsy".

Will update soon.

- Woody

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Glad to see you back.

Glad to hear you're not letting the situation take the best of you.

Jason

·
Registered
489 Posts
:shock:

Man that bike has come a long way. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Is that a crack in rear fender as well? I'm pretty certain its a metal fender but there's some weird line by the plate.

Your front end looks badass too man!

·
Registered
608 Posts
sakibomb said:
:shock:

Man that bike has come a long way. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics.

Is that a crack in rear fender as well? I'm pretty certain its a metal fender but there's some weird line by the plate.

Your front end looks badass too man!
looks like a reflection to me

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a reflection from my high freakin gloss black fenders :) Gonna shoot it tomorrow. Pics soon, promise.

- Woody

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
As has been said, Really nice job on that bike Woody. I too, am glad to see ya back in the thick of things. I'm supposing that you are able to work things out, work wise and that's good to hear. It's great when you can back up , regroup and hit a situation head on, to make it work. :cool: ;)

Looking forward to some more shots of that bike, when you get the opportunity . :D

Take care, Bill ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is. I haven't completely given up on that... but now that I have sweet freshly painted side covers it wouldn't be that cool if you couldn't see them. I think they would still be flowing to much fuel to the bike... when I had the open headers they might have worked pretty well. I had envisioned my 450 carbs with their big bell-mouthed velocity stacks protruding out on the sides when I was running the open scrambler headers. Now that I've gone back to regular CB exhaust I thought I would just hang onto my 450 carbs for my 450.

- Woody

tbpmusic said:
Is this the 350 you were trying to fit 450 carbs on??

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Looks Great!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Currently building a 73 CL and had a few questions, if you don't mind-

1. How'd you lower the backend by 2"? If just used a shorter shock, what's the shock from?
2. Is the back half of the seat padded, or vinyl covered fiberglass?
3. Looks like you're running stock foot controls. How tall are you and is it working alright with the lowered seat height?

Thank you,

Kozzy

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kozzy,

1. I used 11" short shocks. They are available here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda--1 ... 0002r15975

2. It's padded. I didn't do the seat, but basically it's a stock seatpan with the foam carved to that shape and then professionally upholstered.

3. Yes, stock foot controls. I'm 5'10" and its comfy to me... less aggressive then my old 2002 CBR. I think it would be less comfortable and put more pressure on my hands if I had rearsets.

Hope that helps.
- Woody
kozzy said:
Currently building a 73 CL and had a few questions, if you don't mind-

1. How'd you lower the backend by 2"? If just used a shorter shock, what's the shock from?
2. Is the back half of the seat padded, or vinyl covered fiberglass?
3. Looks like you're running stock foot controls. How tall are you and is it working alright with the lowered seat height?

Thank you,

Kozzy

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Love this bike, love the headlight ears, love the minimalist front end, love the gloss black that looks like chrome, love the pin striping on the tank, did i say i loved the headligth ears :shock: oh yeah, the photos are ok i guess :lol:

Rod from OZ :cool:

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Wow... :shock: ... thats a really stunning bike! Really cool and it somehow looks older than it is. Think it's the front light among other things that gives it that "old skool look".
One of the best looking café bikes I have seen to date.

Three thumbs up. :D

PS. Great photo skills on these pics.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts