Honda Twins banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got this honda cb500 t tank dirt cheap but in good condition and then i realized that the gas cap is not the right one or its poorly welded.should i just remove the whole thing and get one of those twist on caps? Suggestions? image.jpg image.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,926 Posts
that is aligneed correctly. the Latch (it's missing) is offset to the right. The hook that catches the cap pin is in the center, but the release button is to the right of the cap. That is why the bracket on the tank is offset. Your cap hinge looks a little beat, maybe twisted...

Does this pic help:

Gas Cap Latch.JPG

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that is aligneed correctly. the Latch (it's missing) is offset to the right. The hook that catches the cap pin is in the center, but the release button is to the right of the cap. That is why the bracket on the tank is offset. Your cap hinge looks a little beat, maybe twisted...

Does this pic help:

View attachment 42190
Perfect! Thank you, the other tank i have just latches straight down so i was a bit confused. Now to find the parts! Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im also assuming the last person who had the tank was unaware if this and tried bending the cap to correct it. So ill have to straighten it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts