Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have this gauge on their 450? I'm having a hell of a time figuring out the wiring. I have both the bike wiring schematics and the gauges schematics, but I just can't figure it out and its killing me. I'm a step away from giving in, so any help would be really appreciated.

I'm sure its a lot to ask, but basically i need to know like this: Gauge blue to Bike Green, Gauge white to Bike light blue... Thank you in advance for whatever help is provided.

Pete

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve, If you help me out, I'm reserving the seat at the head of the table for Christmas dinner just for you my man.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Simple.....

6 connection plug.....
Orange to Honda orange (left turn)
Light green to Honda (headlight) Blue
Light blue Doesn't apply...Honda has NO hazard light
Purple to Honda Green/red stripe (neutral light)
Gray ....N/A on most Honda's...but to oil sending unit IF you have one
White to Honda light Blue...(right turn)

4 connection plug...
Black to Honda Green (ground)
Brown to Honda red (at switch or from battery...always "hot")
Red to Honda Black (power buss when key on)...
Blue...N/A (or fuel level sensor)....

2 connector plug : to magnetic switch you will mount to forks

Single plug (yellow)....To the pick-up wire you wrap around the spark-plug lead

Done.............

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude, you're the king...I've got a 35 lb turkey all for you brother! haha. One question though....Honda Red, is that basically a direct lead to the battery? I think the physical "power" or "hot" wire on the bike is yellow with red stripe, correct?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
NO!....Yellow with red stripe is the starter button lead........You want solid red (at battery or at the ignition switch)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ahhhh ok. Yea theres no red wire in the headlight bucket so I guess i should just extend the wire and run it off the battery? Thanks man. insanely appreciated...

-Pete

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I'd pick it up at the connecting block for the Ignition switch.....Jump to that red wire....I'd go on the switch side as it would be easier to return to stock, but the harness side will also work fine....(same power feed from battery)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know this is an old post, but as I was wiring my gauge up as well I hit a snag with that red wire. If I hook it up at the battery the gauge fires up immediately. If I hook it up between the key and connection harness down at the ignition it also fires up immediately. Isnt the gauge supposed to be off unless I turn the key? Could someone clarify what I am doing wrong here, or if its just normal, as in this is like a startup default setup or something for programming the acewell, and once its set up, it does not turn on unless the key is turned?
Thanks guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts