Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to sort out the process of rewiring my '70 CL450. Currently has a bunch of mods that effect what I need to rewire going forward. Bike has running in this current setup for 2+ years now.
-Starter delete
-Charlie's Type1 Reg/Rec
-Pamco Ignition (I did not install so I'm not 100% where the 12v red wire attaches to)
-Dyna coils (dont think this effects anything wiring wise)
-Deleted OEM switches and combined into one aftermarket switch

I have a handful of questions in regards to the diagram below. Sorry if any of the questions a novice with easy answers.
-What is the "dimmer switch"
-How can I get the brake light to be on with the headlamp? Basically riding at night only the headlamp is illuminated unless under braking.
-Why does the right front turn signal connect back to the neutral switch? "red dashed line"
-Why does the right rear turn signal connect back to the pink wire of the reg/rec?

Modified diagram that I'm hoping someone could double check for correctness

Switch from DCC can be seen here along with diagram I used to wire it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
-What is the "dimmer switch"
That is actually the RUN/STOP switch, and powers the coils when the key is in the run position #1, and the black wire is connected to the red wire by that switch.
-How can I get the brake light to be on with the headlamp? Basically riding at night only the headlamp is illuminated unless under braking.
The brake light switches are powered by the black wire from the key switch; the tail light is powered through the headlamp switch on the brown/white wire, from the black wire. The brown/white wire goes back to the key switch, where it is connected to the brown wire that lights the tail lamp. This allows position #2 to power the tail lamp directly by connecting the red to the brown wire. The extension of the black wire to the left should not connect to the white wire as shown.
-Why does the right front turn signal connect back to the neutral switch? "red dashed line"
The red dashed wire should go to the neutral indicator lamp, which is not on that drawing, with no connection to the turn signal. The neutral indicator lamp would be powered by the key switch, too.
-Why does the right rear turn signal connect back to the pink wire of the reg/rec?
It should not; all the green wires should be connected together, and to the green wire from the battery (-) to the reg/rec. The green wires provide the ground for all the lamps.
Basically, that diagram is kind of messed up.

Oh, and the red wire from the Pamco should connect to the black/white wire from the run/stop switch, so it is powered when the coils are.

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, so there is a brown wire that comes off of the tail light that has nothing to connect to. What is this for?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The unconnected brown wire is for the parking light that mounts in the headlamp, not used in the US, but there for 'general export', to places like Canada, that require it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts