Honda Twins banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the standard wire gauge size for the harness on the CB350? Its snowed in the shed atm :(

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Honda 350 uses JIS wire sizes. 16 GA is close. When I made the harness for my 450 I used 14 GA. This made the harness larger diameter than stock. That was not a problem except around the headstock and in the headlight. It did work well, it is just tight. If I would do it again I would use 14 GA for the red, black and green and 16 for the rest unless you are using LED turn signals and tail light. Then I would make the turn signal harness separate from the main and use 20 GA. You can see what I did in the build log linked below.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Honda 350 uses JIS wire sizes. 16 GA is close. When I made the harness for my 450 I used 14 GA. This made the harness larger diameter than stock. That was not a problem except around the headstock and in the headlight. It did work well, it is just tight. If I would do it again I would use 14 GA for the red, black and green and 16 for the rest unless you are using LED turn signals and tail light. Then I would make the turn signal harness separate from the main and use 20 GA. You can see what I did in the build log linked below.
We do the same on the harnesses we make. 14 gauge for the red, black, and green, but then 18 gauge for everything else.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
You can buy COLOR Matched wire by the foot from British Wire they have All the color codes to Match (striped wires too)
Don't let the name fool you they are based in Pennsylvania.

PVC Wires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts