Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,008 Posts
I have been using stabilizer for storage on Motorcycles, Lawn Mowers, Yard Tools, Snow Blowers and My '48 Buick for well pretty much for ever.

I've never had a problem.

Metal Tanks need to be kept FULL to prevent condensation, Plastic Tanks no real worry.

Reactions: Herb591 and ctrider

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Yup, Stabil into fresh gas, and put in all lawnmowers, chainsaws, blowers, bikes, etc.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Yes and do drain the carb! Should have a drain plug but if not, just shut off the fuel and run it dry.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
I try to run each of my bikes through the winter, even if this is just in the garage. I alway run the carb out of gas when I park.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
I try to run each of my bikes through the winter, even if this is just in the garage. I alway run the carb out of gas when I park.
Run them for 20 minutes to ensure the exhaust gets hot enough to burn off any condensation or your exhausts may rust quicker.
At least that is what I have heard. I just leave mine without starting.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I always have Stabil in the lawn mower & snow blower. I add it to the gas can when I fill it up. That makes it easy to add the correct amount because you know how much you just bought.

For bikes, I fill the tank with ethanol free gas, add Stabil, let it sit for a while, and then ride the bike for 15 to 20 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I ride to a gas station with a non-topped off tank, add the appropriate amount of Sta-Bil recommended for the tank, top off, and then ride for 5-10 miles to ensure that the mixture has circulated through my fuel lines and carburetor. Once I get home, I drain my bowls and throw the battery on the tender. I used to change oil at this time as well, but now I just do it after the first Spring ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts