Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been working on my basket case 1975 CL 360. I have finished work on the engine. Next is frame, then carbs. I bought a complete set of vapor blasted factory carbs for the bike. I have the rebuild kits from Common Motor to replace the parts to ensure the carbs are right. New floats will be installed. My headers are in good shape, but the previous idiot (I meant owner) literally used crimped galvonized plumbing pipes for the muffler/exhaust. I purchased Emgo exhaust mufflers (similar to their shorty but 15 inches in length). I will be using new stock air filters from Common Motor. Will i need to rejet or will the new mufflers be close enough to stock rgarding back pressure?

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
They should be good to start with. When you get it all together you can do a series of plug chops do determine if further changes are warranted.

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
My headers are in good shape, but the previous idiot (I meant owner) literally used crimped galvonized plumbing pipes for the muffler/exhaust.
I am getting flashbacks to my bike when I first got it from my PO. He also used plumbing of some sort that was rattle can'ed black and was drilled through at the header connection to screw into a hole he made in the end of the header pipes!

The EMGOs should be a good baseline to get it "running". Rejetting will be something to worry about once you start taking it on a ride and making notes of any stumbles/struggling at different RPM ranges.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses. I have owned alot of bikes in the last few years, but i a looking forward to riding this one the most.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Make sure o put anti seize on the threads if checking plugs when hot. Protects the head threads a bit from galling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts