Honda Twins banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
CB250 N Superdream carburettor on CB450 DX ('89)?

Hi all,

A quick introduction...

Over the past few months I've been getting acquainted with and rebuilding / modding an old CB450DX (UK) picked up for a few hundred quid, that I hope to make Cafe/Brat style.

It already had the tail chopped, half the paint stripped and generally covered in grime and needed a lot of TLC, especially the electrics, but the engine appeared to be pretty good condition.

In the process of cleaning the carbs up and trying to loosen the butterflies that had seized, the aluminium throttle pulley lost it's teeth/fingers that hold the cable end.

I can't find any old DX carbs for parts (not wanting to spend hundreds) and wonder if a CB 250 carb is similar enough in dimensions to use for parts - primarily to replace the throttle pulley??

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

I'll post a few pictures below....

The broken carb pulley
IMG_2755.JPG

Before work started:
IMG_2381.jpg

IMG_2407.jpg

And current condition:
IMG_2722.JPG

Progress can also be followed on my Instagram https://www.instagram.com/webbwonders/

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum. IMHO, the carbs from the 250 would be too small for the 450, but that cable guide may fit both.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dtsmjr8dan, I suspected that would be the case using a 250 on a 450, although they do look very similar in construction so wondered if honda used the same carb across different models.

:grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts