Honda Twins banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pulling the pin on my ratbike project XJ550. Will any of the non engine parts fit our old Honda Twins? I have already utilised the horn on my CB360, and will put the handlebars on my RD400, thinking of mounting the steering damper on my XS650. Gotta get it outta the shed so I can put my 360 in there :D

Will any of these pieces cross over:

-carbs
-wheels/rotors
-tripletree/forks
-swingarm/pivot bolt/drum brake stays
-electrical components (regulator, rectifier, solenoid, etc)

·
Sensei
27,180 Posts
Forks/rotors/brakes and wheels/trees can be used with a some modification.... ;)
solenoids and switching, and lights can be used... :)
Carbs?...Think of the manifold you'd have to construct!!!!!.... :lol:
First rule of salvage: Parts is parts......You can always trade for what you need....

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thankyou Steve :cool:

...yeah I'm gonna stick the engine on ebay for 99cents and chop the frame into tiny bin size pieces, the rest be me treasure, gyarr...(we need a patch-eyed pirate emoticon)...

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
leethal said:
I'm pulling the pin on my ratbike project XJ550. Will any of the non engine parts fit our old Honda Twins? I have already utilised the horn on my CB360, and will put the handlebars on my RD400, thinking of mounting the steering damper on my XS650. Gotta get it outta the shed so I can put my 360 in there :D

Will any of these pieces cross over:

-carbs
-wheels/rotors
-tripletree/forks
-swingarm/pivot bolt/drum brake stays
-electrical components (regulator, rectifier, solenoid, etc)
Are you coming to Gatton on Friday?? You may be able to offload some parts there! I'll be taking an empty trailer :D :D and if my Wife is right bring back and empty trailer :(

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
otr002 said:
Are you coming to Gatton on Friday?? You may be able to offload some parts there! I'll be taking an empty trailer and if my Wife is right bring back and empty trailer
Mate I cant do Gatton Swap this year cause of work :cry: but at least I know you're holding onto my CL450 project :D Keep me on speed dial in case you find something I want.... ;)

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
leethal said:
otr002 said:
Are you coming to Gatton on Friday?? You may be able to offload some parts there! I'll be taking an empty trailer and if my Wife is right bring back and empty trailer
Mate I cant do Gatton Swap this year cause of work :cry: but at least I know you're holding onto my CL450 project :D Keep me on speed dial in case you find something I want.... ;)
Too easy! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts