Honda Twins banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my CB360 in several boxes and reassembled it last year but have only just gotten it to run right.

The bike idles well and the idle mixture is set at just under two screws out, set with vacuum gauges, I'm sure idle mixture is right, and plugs are a good colour when allowed to idle.

At full throttle and over 1/4 throttle it runs great with nice tan plugs on a plug chop, running with a 105 main jet.

BUT, at small throttle openings where it runs on the primary main circuit the bike ran like a dog on standard settings. It would cough at a steady small throttle setting, say 1/8 to 1/4, above the idle circuit but before the needle/secondary main circuit comes into play. The plugs were black and sooty so super rich. I dropped float level to 20.5 and started dropping the size of the primary main jet from the standard 68 one size at a time till I got down to a 48, the smallest available. It was almost right but would still cough a little so I REMOVED the air bleed jets from the primary circuit and it runs well but still a little rich.

The carbs have had three baths in the ultrasonic cleaner, aerosol carb cleaner through every passage, the emulsion tubes have been cleaned and the holes checked and wire poked through all the holes. It's not the exhaust as I have had three different exhausts on it and they all do the same thing.

So, why is that circuit so rich? Is there some special orientation of the emulsion tubes?
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
improperly seated, and or torn diaphragms can cause this, so check those.
They're OK, had them on and off a bunch of times and it's both cylinders affected, and larger throttle openings when the slide is lifting are fine, it's really got me beat.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts