Honda Twins banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know how to post the ad directly, I can only post a link to the facebook group the ad was listed in. Today a place I have got parts from posted an ad that he wants to sell the whole business. He is also selling parts. He has a ton of 60's to early 70's Honda parts bikes. They are all stored indoors in a couple of very large Quonset huts. I couldnt begin to list all the bikes I saw the couple of times I've been there.
[h=1][/h]
https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintagemoto/

·
Premium Member
2,074 Posts
iF WE ALL CHIP IN 25 BUCKS??, LOL

Reactions: devilclown

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
iF WE ALL CHIP IN 25 BUCKS??, LOL
Let’s see, this site currently has 23,770 members which makes it only $21.03 each. However, there are only 776 active members so now the commitment becomes $644.33 each. It really is a surprisingly low number when you think about it. Now, how you start to divide the horde of bikes amongst 776 people spread out over the entire world becomes the real challenge.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let’s see, this site currently has 23,770 members which makes it only $21.03 each. However, there are only 776 active members so now the commitment becomes $644.33 each. It really is a surprisingly low number when you think about it. Now how you start to divide the horde of bikes amongst 776 people becomes the real challenge.
Sounds like a great idea, a man can dream

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
Damn, it's once again so far away... but that might be the biggest stash of bikes and parts ever in an ad for sale. If only we could pull it off...

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, it's once again so far away... but that might be the biggest stash of bikes and parts ever in an ad for sale. If only we could pull it off...
I have been there a couple of times. There is a ton of Honda stuff. I think he had at least 10-12 SL350's, just so much stuff piled indoors not rusting away. I dont even know how much OEM stuff he has stashed at his main storefront. He didnt take any picks of that place in his ad, and his facebook pics are a tiny fraction of what he's got.

·
Premium Member
680 Posts
I have been there a couple of times. There is a ton of Honda stuff. I think he had at least 10-12 SL350's, just so much stuff piled indoors not rusting away. I dont even know how much OEM stuff he has stashed at his main storefront. He didnt take any picks of that place in his ad, and his facebook pics are a tiny fraction of what he's got.
Sounds like you need to go scout it out again devilclown, this time with your camera and report back :p
You know how Ancientdad likes his photos...;)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Need a show like forged in fire where they take that stock and teams build a bike.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
and an opportunity to go in on the biggest haul of the century! :lol:
I wish! I had better pics, but that phone died a horrible death, and the pics with it.

I am surprised he is selling it all. I told him a few years ago to start listing things on ebay. He said he didnt have the help to do it. He easily has more than his asking price in parts. If I didnt live 2 hours away I would have helped him out for cheap.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
IMG_20130817_112830.jpg IMG_20130817_113227.jpg Hopefully these pics will appease Ancientdad LOL! Sorry for bad quality. This was one of his buildings, and not all of it.

·
Registered
13,085 Posts
That is a serious collection of stuff if there's that much more than in these pics... to just have the chance to go through it one time each and get a few complete pieces, it makes the group idea seem genius - there'd be a lot to go around, it would seem. but impossible to make work, probably :roll:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts