Honda Twins banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tonight I was on my "other" bike (2003 Shadow) and swung by a friend's place who I knew was changing the shaft drive lube in his 2004 Shadow. He said the darndest thing happened. He went to remove the filler plug and it snapped in half! He showed me the broken filler plug and the threads had completely separated from the top of it. I took one look at the part and thought I had seen this type of breakage before. A few years ago I had a CL360 tappet cover do the same thing. Luckily, I had a parts motor and had a spare (4 spares, actually). I got to looking at his broken part closer and it appeared awfully similar to the CL360 tappet cover. I said I might be able to help him out and rode back to my house to retrieve one of my remaining 3 spares. When I rode back to his place, imagine my surprise when it was the EXACT same part! Same threads, same 17mm hex nut...everything. The same part fits 2 totally different applications on bikes made 30 years apart! We were both shocked. Maybe that's why Hondas are so much cheaper than Harley Davidsons!

20180712_210127.jpg

1 - 2 of 2 Posts