Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am looking to get a new set of points. I have always seen them on OldBikeBarn, however my last order got bungled up a bit and delayed, so I am looking for an alternative first. Anyone have recommendations?

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
krukster86 said:
So I am looking to get a new set of points. I have always seen them on OldBikeBarn, however my last order got bungled up a bit and delayed, so I am looking for an alternative first. Anyone have recommendations?

Kruk -

I believe they are still available from Honda.
Many times parts that are still available don't show up at the "aftermarket" type places (or EBay, for that matter).
You might try BikeBandit or CrotchRocket, one of those places.....

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now why didn't I think of that? :D

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
What happened to the transistor iggy idea? :?:

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idunno, I wasn't feeling it too much. People brought up good points (no pun intended) that with points, if they crap out, you can nurse the bike back home and adjust/replace for not a lot of $$$. Whereas with el. ig. if it craps out, then you better know someone with a pickup truck and you are out a lot of $$$. I am going to give the new set of points a try (I am currently using the same ones from my P.O. which I think are on their way out).

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Have you given any thought to the Hondaman ignition? It used the stock points as a trigger so they pretty much last forever, and it's very affordable. He's over on the SOHC forum and is a very friendly guy. It couldn't hurt to message him and ask for his thoughts..

GB :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Bird76Mojo said:
Have you given any thought to the Hondaman ignition? It used the stock points as a trigger so they pretty much last forever, and it's very affordable. He's over on the SOHC forum and is a very friendly guy. It couldn't hurt to message him and ask for his thoughts..

GB :mrgreen:

Mark Paris - [email protected]

About $50-$60

Actually works like an "amplifier" of sorts, dramatically reducing the current the points have to handle, makes them very stable and long lasting......

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, it never hurts to ask. Email sent!

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
er...um...I kinda impulse bought the points monday night, but I got a response back from Mark about the Hondaman ignition. It sounds pretty neat. Once he tells me how much wrenching/wiring I need to do, I think I will go for it, the price is pretty low compared to full blown E. I. kits

1 - 10 of 10 Posts