Honda Twins banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I need 2 piston ring sets for original pistons on a 1974 Honda cb200. All I can find is .25mm oversized and .50mm oversized.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
It's been like that for years now.
I couldn't find piston kits either.
I ended up using first-over rings in a standard bore, by filing a bit off the ends of the rings. Ring gap dictated how much to remove.
Still running well........

·
Premium Member
3,018 Posts
Why not just get the matching over size pistons and get the cylinders rebored ?

Simply replacing the rings may not cure your low compression / oil burning problem.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Are those standard size? And did you have to gap them?
Yes, those are standard size... Mine did not have to be gapped because they were perfectly within spec when I measured them in the cylinder. They were actually on the tight end of the spec range. I only deglazed the cylinder.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey all, I found a set of standard rings on ebay, ones that won’t take months to get here . The only thing is they are aftermarket. Would that be alright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
315 Posts
I would never buy generic aftermarket rings unless they are from a reputable manufacturer. In the time this topic has been running, you could have had them delivered by David Silver or cmsnl.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I would never buy generic aftermarket rings unless they are from a reputable manufacturer. In the time this topic has been running, you could have had them delivered by David Silver or cmsnl.
Davidsilvers only sells oversize and cmsnl doesn’t ship to Us when I tried.

Edit: Cmsnl does ship to US but the shipping costs more than the rings themselves. $30$ shipping.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Still not a bad price, considering you are getting two sets of original Honda rings. Maybe the best option is to combine your order with someone else on this forum. Allthough that would require some trust between the two parties.

I am based in the Netherlands. In the past I have also included parts in my orders and afterwards shipped them to the US at a lower rate. But I will not be ordering at CMS any time soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts