Honda Twins banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a carb sync gauge off amazon because it said it "worked with most Hondas". Turns out a 1975 CB 360 is not most hondas.

The brass adaptor that is supposed to be screwed into each car does not fit. It is 5mm.

I've seen 6mm versions sold but they're all 1mm pitch. I believe that the carbs have a .75mm pitch.

Does anyone know where to find a suitable workaround? My last ditch though was cut the end off the ones I've got and buy a tap and die set but that's more money than I was hoping to spend.

The product in question:

Amazon.com: Vacuum Carburetor Synchronizer Carb Sync Gauge 2 Cylinder Bike Cb Cl 350: Automotive

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Have you tried the M6-1 in the port yet? I have never needed a M6-.75 but if I did, I would probably contact Z1Enterprises.
TOOLS

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't tried 6x1 yet. All I have is the 5x1 and that's too small.

Do you think I might be able to just make a 6x1 work? There's a small brass screw in the carbs now and I put it on a thread gauge and it's definitely 6x.75. I just wanted to make sure before I pay another $14 to have the 6x1 mailed to me.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got the nipples today (I'll be using that term instead of adapters) and they seem to screw in very nicely. Wish the outer shank was a touch longer, but it should work. I meant to get the brass ones, but got stainless instead. Will be careful screwing them in. I ended up fitting a small o-ring on them, hopefully to help out with the seal.

Next step is to buy some small diameter tubing. Although they taper, I assume ill need a small hose clamp as well.

Lastly, the inner diameter is *very* small (in my understanding, just enough to let a spark through, but not enough to let much subsequent blackpowder explosion back out. Think I will probably drill them out a bit.

Will report back with how they actually work...

vacuum-screws.jpg

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Did you see what hondacb360.com has?

·
Super Moderator
5,921 Posts
A small hole is good, dampens vibrations/pulsations. I would use a sealant rather than the o-ring. Less chance of vibration letting them fall out then put a plug on it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
you're talking about leaving them in the carbs all the time?

also, somebody finally enlightened me to your phonetic username... *headsmack*

·
Super Moderator
5,921 Posts
I would leave them in with a rubber plug blocking them. Glad you got the user name. I was trying to use a name hard to spam, and maybe a little 'l33t' appearing. I think I am too old to be l33t though. Lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got the nipples today (I'll be using that term instead of adapters) and they seem to screw in very nicely. Wish the outer shank was a touch longer, but it should work. I meant to get the brass ones, but got stainless instead. Will be careful screwing them in. I ended up fitting a small o-ring on them, hopefully to help out with the seal.

Next step is to buy some small diameter tubing. Although they taper, I assume ill need a small hose clamp as well.

Lastly, the inner diameter is *very* small (in my understanding, just enough to let a spark through, but not enough to let much subsequent blackpowder explosion back out. Think I will probably drill them out a bit.

Will report back with how they actually work...

View attachment 43163
Look just like the ones I was talking about. I just used tiny zip ties as clamps. Cheap n easy. I was also going to use o rings like you but I forgot to pick some up so I clipped a tiny length of the vacuum tubing and used it. Overall the setup worked great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
I make them as a service for 360 owners
Early Kawasaki KZ400 uses almost exactly the same carb but uses 6x1 thread

·
Registered
81 Posts
wanted to check back in and say that the blackpowder nipples do work - synched carbs this weekend and the bike is much happier off the line. i may be imagining it, but i feel like the tach needle also bounces around less...

depending on the ID of the vacuum tubing, you may need to use a zip tie where it mates to the nipples.

that all said, i assume the adaptors that crazypj makes are more tailor fit to the job...

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
I make them more like this

Somewhat depends what blanks I get hold of

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
A bit late with this, but...
Motion Pro has nipples, both 6x1.0 and 5x0.8
Motion Pro

Install "permanently", the rubber caps are available at any auto part store for cheep when the time comes.

·
Premium Member
1,989 Posts
A bit late with this, but...
Motion Pro has nipples, both 6x1.0 and 5x0.8
Motion Pro

Install "permanently", the rubber caps are available at any auto part store for cheep when the time comes.
I guess you didn't actually read the title?
Motion Pro doesn't make adapters to fit, unless you buy the rather expensive professional kit.
I don't like leaving the plugs permanently installed, I've seen way too many Kawasaki's and Suzuki's with problems because a cap split or 'went missing'

·
Super Moderator
5,921 Posts
I guess you didn't actually read the title?
Motion Pro doesn't make adapters to fit, unless you buy the rather expensive professional kit.
I don't like leaving the plugs permanently installed, I've seen way too many Kawasaki's and Suzuki's with problems because a cap split or 'went missing'
A little timing misadventure or a quick throttle close, a backfire, and those caps take off like rubber bullets....LOL...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts