Honda Twins banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to need a new set of pistons for my 1974 CB450 when I finally get the engine unstuck. I've seen ART pistons mentioned in several message threads, but not where to buy them (unless I missed it). Anybody know where to buy these? Thanks.

·
Registered
659 Posts
A local dealership, Cycles Unlimited in Decatur Al, just found me two Honda pistons. The cost was high...100 bucks each. :shock:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RicH2 said:
A local dealership, Cycles Unlimited in Decatur Al, just found me two Honda pistons. The cost was high...100 bucks each. :shock:
Ouch! I assume the rings and clips were additional? I know that's probably the going rate, but I find it hard to pay that, after buying this bike for my son for $200, running:

Of course, that kind of deal doesn't come along every day. I keep offering him $250 for it, but he won't take it! :lol:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
You can find piston kits on EBay all the time, usually about $150 for pistons/rings/wrist pins/clips.
I found a kit for $90, but I wasn't in a rush.

Don't order anything until you know how far you need to overbore (and you will).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Junque450 said:
I'm going to need a new set of pistons for my 1974 CB450 when I finally get the engine unstuck. I've seen ART pistons mentioned in several message threads, but not where to buy them (unless I missed it). Anybody know where to buy these? Thanks.
i would like to know where to buy these art pistons also...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts