Honda Twins banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a secondary Main jet bigger than 110. Just wondering where I can get a few different sizes.

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
This has been the un-answered question for wayyy too long. Surely someone has experience/knowledge on this subject. I remember twinfan (?) had a lead on 360 carb jets supplier once...but my memory aint so great... :roll:

Try Sudco is my guess, if you have a digital caliper you could measure the jets dimensions and compare to their product list.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Dirtbag said:
I need a secondary Main jet bigger than 110. Just wondering where I can get a few different sizes.
I don't know if the flow scale is the same, but large round Mikuni jets & Keihin jets are threaded the same.
I learned this by trying the extra jets I had for my stock Keihin carbs in my Mikunis as a starting point on my 360.
They screw right in with no effort. I assume the Mikuni jets should do the same into the Keihins.
( I had drilled some Keihin jets and just wanted something close to start with)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may have a source for all carb parts.

www.motorcyclecarbs.com I ordred a choke assembly for my 93 RM250 last nite. HOpefully he'll come through on the jets and such.

I'll keep you all posted.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Kei-Hin and Mikuni don't use same thread?
One is 0.75mm pitch and the other 0.8mm pitch.
If they screwed right in, I can only assume someone has 'modified' them previously.
I've been making my own jets if I can't find them out of a different carb ( have a lot of old jets, run out of 110+ though :( )

PJ

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you have any 115 or 120?

·
Registered
109 Posts
crazypj said:
Kei-Hin and Mikuni don't use same thread?
One is 0.75mm pitch and the other 0.8mm pitch.
If they screwed right in, I can only assume someone has 'modified' them previously.
I've been making my own jets if I can't find them out of a different carb ( have a lot of old jets, run out of 110+ though :( )

PJ
Actually, from what I can tell from my recent digging for Mikuni information, There are 3 different types of Mikuni main jets. Two of those (small & large round I believe) are threaded the same and the hex jet is different. It was a large round Mikuni jets I replaced with Keihins.

No, those Keihin jets were not modified, I know that as a fact. I may have to go out to the garage & actually try some large & small round Mikuni jets in my junk Keihins just to find out for sure. Make sure they swap both ways.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Honda jets go by hole size so you can drill out to 115 (1.15mm) or 120 (1.20mm)
112 drill is available but a bit pricey, solid carbide breaks very easy in small sizes unless you have a rigid machine spinning at high rpm
I used a pitch gauge and magnifier to check jets.

PJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts