Honda Twins banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I clean the fuel tank for my 1974 cb360 but not satisfied with it. I think one pare in-line fuel filter is helpful.

Any one know where to buy ? online or local auto store? and how much?

Thanks.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I use briggs and stratton lawn mower filters, wally world, farm king, TSC whatevers in your area

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am working on the wire now on my 74 cb360.

Both side signal lights work.

Brake light works.

Starter work good.

But head light(head light unit itself is good) and alarm(alarm itself is good) do not work.

Any thought or steps to troubleshoot them?

Electrical issue is biggest trouble for me.

Please help.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Alarm?.....US models don't have that......Is it stock, or aftermarket?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
66Sprint said:
Alarm?.....US models don't have that......Is it stock, or aftermarket?
My fault. It should be "Horn".

This night I fingered it out why the horn does not work,there is small black part lost near the right side coil(red circle).
What is its name and what it for?

After took one from the part bike and replaced it,the horn works. but the head light still does not work. Any idea?

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Well, from your picture, that isn't a stock horn... Regardless, It should be able to work, but WHY is the coil power (HOT) wire GROUNDED to the horn? (the red alligator)
And why AREN'T the condensors grounded?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
66Sprint said:
Well, from your picture, that isn't a stock horn... Regardless, It should be able to work, but WHY is the coil power (HOT) wire GROUNDED to the horn? (the red alligator)
And why AREN'T the condensors grounded?
Sorry. This pic was took one year ago. I just use it to show the position of the lost small part. Do not worry.

Do you know the lost part and what it for? Thanks.

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
I would guess that it is a "guide" strap for the tach cable......

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
That my friend is a diode....Part of the clutch/neutral safety switch circuit so you can't electric-start it in any gear (except neutral) unless the clutch is disengaged....

·
Premium Member
1,612 Posts
74cb360, you have one hell of an accent! Where ya from mate?
P.s. I was unaware of a clutch switch on the early model 360's.... :eek:

Lee

·
Sensei
27,183 Posts
Lee..... The wiring for it is in the harness on the early models, but the connectors are unused (Until '76 on US models...Wiring is light green with red stripe and green with red stripe)...I Don't know if or when they added that on "general export" models.... :?

·
Registered
72 Posts
This may or may not be hogwash, but we've always told our customers specifically NOT to use in-line fuel filters from hardware stores meant for lawnmowers. It's not a mark-up item, so there's no sales technique about it, they only cost about 50 cents or so. But a lot of die-hard riders swear that the ones for lawnmowers, etc. don't have the same fuel flow with the filtration process. I know we carry three different sizes for different size fuel lines, and they're specifically made for motorcycles and atv's which demand more fuel.

Same way with oil, although oil is expensive. (Note that this also is not your dealers fault...motorcycle/atv oil is just more expensive, and we may make about one dollar a gallon, if that). Automobile, lawnmower, and power equipment engine oil is not motorcycle oil. Because of the engine, transmission, clutch, and all systems using the same type of oil, we (along with the manufacturers) never suggest anything except genuine motorcycle oil. Whether it be factory (Honda, Yamalube, etc.) or aftermarket (AmsOil, Repsol, etc.).

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any way this small part at least let me to start the bike. I will leave it as is untill I finger out what the stock look like.

But the engine just turn and does not start.

I checked spark plug,there is spark. I know it is time to check carb and timing.

Finally,done.

I will try to start it again later or maybe I need to check and reset timing first.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
NathanMT01 said:
This may or may not be hogwash, but we've always told our customers specifically NOT to use in-line fuel filters from hardware stores meant for lawnmowers. It's not a mark-up item, so there's no sales technique about it, they only cost about 50 cents or so. But a lot of die-hard riders swear that the ones for lawnmowers, etc. don't have the same fuel flow with the filtration process.

Interesting. I've got a Yamaha 550 running with a 1/4" filter I got at the local auto parts store working just fine but then it's only got one season on it. Might have to re-think my filter procurement process. It would be a shame to screw up a good running bike over something that cheap.

·
Premium Member
10,203 Posts
One of these days I'm going to figure out how you guys get those "Nathan Wrote" quotes in there. As proud as I am of my computer illiteracy it sometimes can be a pain.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
J-T said:
One of these days I'm going to figure out how you guys get those "Nathan Wrote" quotes in there. As proud as I am of my computer illiteracy it sometimes can be a pain.
Just push the button that says "Quote", right at the bottom of his post......

1 - 20 of 26 Posts