Honda Twins banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal. I pulled the motor out of my 1975 CL360 today. I labeled and bagged all the parts. I put the engine in my lawn mower trailer to bring it to my garage. I followed the manal and removed the right and left side engine covers. I found these two small parts in the trailer, they fell out either the right (cluthch side) or left (generator side).

They are a small clip and a thin washer?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, after further research, these parts do not go on the tach drive. The only place they could have come from was from under the left or right side lower engine sides that i removed prior to pulling the engine. Any ideas?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You sure they didn't fall off the lawnmower?
That’s funny. No, J-T, i would NOT swear that they did NOT come off the mower. Lack of response makes me feel a little better that I don’t need them. I took the top and bottom end off the engine and a local machine shop said everything looked ok. They cleaned up the valves and seats, honed the cylinders and put new piston rings on. I am stripping the rest of the parts off to paint the frame.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Looking good! Just curious, how much did the machine shop charge for the work?

The only place I can recall seeing that clip is on the advancer spring and the tach gear. Advancer clips are way smaller than that and you ruled out the tach gear.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
Oil pump gear shaft for clip and oil pump idler gear for washer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.